Wednesday 3 June 2015

FO: Buchanan Tee

I finished a fantastic little summery top a couple weeks ago.


It's the Buchanan sweater from Kate Davie's wonderful little book appropriately titled "Yokes".   The last sweater I made of hers was the whimsical Owls pullover.  Sadly, I left it in storage and I want it back (along with that denim pencil skirt, ugh, sometimes I just miss my stuff).

There are several winners in the Yokes book.  Loads of simple, creative designs that would be flattering to most- there is quite a bit of waist shaping worked into these patterns, which, hello, I can't do without.


This was designed with a heavier wool in mind- a mohair blend!- but I couldn't do a short-sleeved top in wool.  In my mind, it called for cotton, specifically some of my jealously hoarded long-discontinued Rowan Calmer.  It behaves like wool but it's nice and light weight, making it perfect for summery little tops that you dream of wearing.  Lately, I've been in a "suns out, why am I freezing?" sort of place so it hasn't gotten any real use yet.  I can't wait.  Tomorrow is a warmer day according to the Met office.


I loved the colorwork on the Yoke of this.  It's much bolder and graphic than traditional fair-isle yokes.


All-round, a winner.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome ! I love that design of Kate's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommended, it's very wearable.

      Delete