Wednesday 11 September 2013

FO: The Scent of Lavender Socks

While I was in the states, I had beaucoup gifts to distribute to friends and family. All this knitwear...

WED_3665

....gets gifted. My personal wardrobe is saturated with knitwear. I knit socks faster than I wear them out, I've made myself enough sweaters over the years to have a storage issue with them, and despite my efforts at population control, hats tend to multiply like rabbits. I feel like I will never have a chance to be cold again.

WED_3668

These are called The Scent of Lavender, a fun meandering leafy lace pattern inspired by Provence by Stephanie van der Linden. I started these while traveling around Turkey, and finished them up in no time. The lace pattern was easy, but I couldn't quite memorize it as it changes every row, so I had to have the chart in front of me the whole time.

WED_3670

The yarn is a skein of Sanguine Gryphon Bugga. I'm not sure of the colorway, Shelob maybe? I lost the tag at some point. No matter, the yarn has been discontinued in this incarnation. It's a little thick for socks you want to wear with shoes, but it's very warm and cushy and comforting and good for house socks.

WED_3675

Anyway. I love them, and there seems to be a delightful chill in the air lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment